Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My cinnamon to his sugar


Each morning on my way out the door, I pop a few pieces of honey wheat bread in the toaster and then top it with melted butter and a coating of cinnamon sugar. This usually tides me over until lunch time and it's about all I have time to make for myself since I'm usually running behind.


I use an old cinnamon shaker for the cinnamon sugar mix and noticed that I was getting low last week. So come monday morning, I expected to open the cupboard to find my empty cinnamon sugar container.


Low and behold, it was completely full!


I thought to myself, did I fill it up last week and I just don't remember? Scott doesn't use cinnamon sugar for anything so I don't think he would have filled it up. Nonetheless, I was thankful to have a bounty of cinnamon sugar for my toast that morning. When I got home from work, I asked Scott about the mysterious refilling of my cinnamon sugar container. He gave a sly grin and I immediately knew that he had filled it up for me. My heart swelled and I was reminded why I married this man.


It's the little things that keep a marriage going. It was such a small thing, but I really really appreciated his gesture and let him know by giving him a big wet kiss!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That was very sweet! Good job Scott!!

makenna25 said...

Oh dear, I just teared up!! Very sweet Scott!!
Makenna