Sunday, April 5, 2009

CARPE-T DIEM!!

TA-DAAAA!!!! Here is our beautifully finished basement! Scott forced me to go to Menards with him yesterday to pick out trim (seriously boring). I've decided that we will never be able to build a house together. I hate making decisions. When Scott asked me yesterday if I would prefer white or almond colored electrical outlet covers. I mean, seriously?!? I couldn't care less (we got white if you were wondering). I just hate making those small decisions because it doesn't matter to me. I don't pay attention to those small details in our house.

Anyway, we got the trim and Scott painted it all and put it up and it looks so great. We had 2 choices (another decision for me to make) on which trim to buy. There was one kind that was cheaper and thinner, but easier to use. The other kind was twice as expensive but looks way nicer. In this whole process, I learned that cheaper isn't always better. We got the more expensive kind and ended up spending about $230 on trim alone, but that will provide enough trim for our entire house, upstairs and downstairs. It looks really nice.



Precious is being camera shy, as usual.

My hand touching the carpet and letting the fact sink in that we have a fully carpeted basement now! Yipeeeeee!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you guys!! We're looking forward to seeing your work. Let's go to your house on Thursday. :)
Good job Scott!!